Indulge in the essence of autumn with a delightful No Bake Pumpkin Icebox Cake! This simple treat features layers of creamy pumpkin filling nestled between graham crackers, creating a delicious blend of spiced goodness.
No bake desserts are simple to make and perfect for gatherings. This chilled pumpkin dessert captures the cozy flavors of the season. Get ready to savor the warmth of pumpkin spice and create sweet memories with every delicious bite.
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
Why is it called an icebox cake?
The name “Icebox Cake” harks back to a time when refrigerators were called “iceboxes.” This no-bake dessert relies on the chilling power of the icebox or refrigerator to set its layers. As it chills, the flavors meld together, creating a luscious treat that requires minimal effort to make and celebrates the charm of simpler times.
How long is the shelf life of icebox cake?
The shelf life of an icebox cake can vary depending on the specific ingredients used and how it’s stored. Generally, when properly covered and refrigerated, an icebox cake can last anywhere from 2 to 4 days. The moisture from the creamy fillings will cause the graham crackers or cookies to soften, affecting the cake’s texture.
For the best taste and consistency, it’s recommended to consume the icebox cake within the first few days of preparation. If you need to extend its shelf life, you can consider freezing it, but keep in mind that this might slightly alter the texture when thawed.
More fall desserts to try
As the autumn season sets in, treat yourself to a delightful array of fall desserts that will warm your heart. From classic apple pie to rich pecan bars, these seasonal treats capture the essence of fall and are perfect for sharing with loved ones. Embrace the cozy flavors and create heartwarming memories with every delicious bite.
- Pumpkin Spice Fudge
- Easy Pumpkin Blondies Recipe
- Pumpkin Puree Dessert Recipes
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
- WW Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
What you will need for Pumpkin Icebox Cake recipe
To make this No-Bake Pumpkin Icebox Cake, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. These include pumpkin puree, vanilla pudding mix, dulce de leche, powdered sugar, cool whip (or whipped cream), softened cream cheese, honey graham crackers, and pumpkin pie spice for that perfect touch of autumn flavor.
With these items on hand, you’re all set to create a delightful dessert that captures the essence of the season and will impress everyone at the table.
How to make No Bake Pumpkin Icebox Cake
To make the No-Bake Pumpkin Icebox Cake, start by combining the pumpkin puree, vanilla pudding, powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and dulce de leche in a stand mixer. Mix until well combined, scraping down the sides with a silicon spatula as needed.
Gently fold in about 2 cups of cool whip (or whipped cream), saving the rest for later.
Next, spread approximately 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture on the bottom of a 13×9 pan. Lay a layer of honey graham crackers on top, breaking pieces to fit the surface.
Repeat the process with half of the remaining pumpkin mixture and another layer of graham crackers. Add the rest of the pumpkin mixture and top with the last layer of graham crackers.
Spread the remaining cool whip over the graham crackers and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice for decoration.
Allow the cake to set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to soften the graham crackers before serving. Enjoy this delicious and easy-to-make No-Bake Pumpkin Icebox Cake!
Printable No Bake Pumpkin Ice Box Cake Recipe
- 1 - 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 - 3.4 oz package vanilla pudding
- ½ c dulce de leche
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 4 c cool whip (or whipped cream)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 sleeves honey graham crackers
- Pumpkin pie spice to sprinkle
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the pumpkin puree, pudding, powdered sugar, cream cheese, dulce de leche and mix well. Stop the machine, scrape down the sides and mix again.
- Gently fold in approximately 2 cups worth of cool whip - saving the rest for later.
- In a 13x9 pan, spread about ½ cup worth of the pumpkin mixture across the bottom of the pan.
- Place a layer of graham cracker sheets across the entire surface, as best as you can, of the pan - breaking off pieces if needed to help fit.
- Measure out approximately half of the pumpkin mixture and spread evening. Layer with another layer of graham cracker sheets. Spread out the remaining pumpkin mixture and top with the last layer of graham crackers.
- Spread the remaining cool whip on top of the graham crackers. Sprinkle with a little pumpkin pie spice for decoration.
- Allow the mixture to set for at least 4 hours - this allows the moisture to soften the graham crackers and it will cut easier. Enjoy!
Storage: The icebox cake can be stored in an airtight container (or covered with plastic wrap) for 2 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
TILUCK Measuring Cups & Spoons Set, Stackable Cups and Spoons, Nesting Measure Cups with Stainless Steel Handle, Kitchen Gadgets for Cooking & Baking (5+5, green)
La Serenisima- Dulce de Leche 400 grs
Nabisco Honey Maid Honey Graham Crackers (14.4 oz., 4 pk.)
KitchenAid KP26M9XCER 6 quart Bowl-Lift Professional Stand Mixer, Empire Red
Silicone Spatulas, 8.5 inch Small Rubber Spatula Seamless One Piece Design Heat Resistant Non-Stick Flexible Scrapers Baking Mixing Tool (5 Pieces)
8-Piece Deep Glass Baking Dish Set with Plastic lids,Rectangular Glass Bakeware Set with BPA Free Lids, Baking Pans for Lasagna, Leftovers, Cooking, Kitchen, Freezer-to-Oven and Dishwasher, Gray
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
I am not a medical expert. These calculations are provided as a courtesy.