Parmesan garlic breadsticks are perfectly seasoned and delicious. These delicious breadsticks are a great side for all of your favorite Italian recipes. Pair these delicious parmesan garlic breadsticks with pasta, soups, and more!
Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks
When we make dinner sometimes we need a little side dish right? Who doesn’t love a breadstick with their dinner. These parmesan garlic breadsticks are amazing and they’re so easy to make. I love that I can whip up a batch of fresh, homemade breadsticks for dinner without any muss or fuss.
I usually have all of these ingredients on hand so that I can make a batch of breadsticks whenever the mood strikes! They’re so easy and delicious you’ll want to do the same after you try them!
What you will need for these tasty breadsticks:
The only thing I usually have to make sure I have is the puff pastry. It keeps pretty well in the fridge so I stock up when I’m at the store and then I know I’ll have a quick and easy side at the ready!
You can adjust all of the seasonings to your tastes. We usually bump up the garlic, I’ll even include a little garlic salt on top when they come out of the oven sometimes. The recipe is flexible so feel free to experiment and try new things!
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry
- 1 tbsp Butter, melted
- 4 tbsp Parmesan, shredded
- ¼ tsp Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Paprika, (smoked preferably, but regular is fine)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Is it easy to double this homemade breadsticks recipe?
Absolutely, you can double this recipe easily. Just make as many sheets of puff pastry as you need! The other ingredients are usually on hand right? So making as many of these as you need or want is no big deal. When I’m serving a crowd I usually make at least two sheets of puff pastry worth of homemade breadsticks.
How to make parmesan garlic breadsticks:
Making these breadsticks is easier than you might think. They’re quick and simple but they are packed with flavor. Everyone loves these breadsticks and I feel good knowing I’m serving them something wholesome that didn’t come from a box packed with ingredients that I can’t pronounce.
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a bowl, mix together butter, parmesan, garlic, and all other seasonings. Add extra butter if it seems too pasty. (This will depend on the type of parmesan you use.)
- Flour the counter slightly and roll out the puff pastry
- Empty the bowl of seasonings onto the pastry and with a knife or pastry brush, evenly brush it around the top of the pastry, trying to get to the very edges if possible.
- With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut ½ in strips lengthwise in the pastry
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and carefully place each strip of seasoned pastry onto the sheet, leaving room for each strip to expand.
- Bake for approximately 10 – 12 minutes OR until the sticks are golden brown.
Tips for making these cheesy garlic breadsticks:
A pizza cutter is going to be your best bet. You can use a knife but it needs to be really sharp or you are just going to drag the dough around.
You can get fancy with these if you want and twist them or braid them together but they’ll be just as delicious in straight strips.
Whip up a little extra spice and seasoning mix to put on top when they first come out of the oven. It makes a nice little topping and really brings the flavors out.
Printable Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks Recipe:
- * 1 Sheet of puff pastry
- * 1 tbsp Butter, melted
- * 4 tbsp Parmesan, shredded
- * ¼ tsp Garlic, minced
- * ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- * 1/8 tsp Paprika, (smoked preferably, but regular is fine)
- * Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. In a bowl, mix together butter, parmesan, garlic, and all other seasonings. Add extra butter if it seems too thick. (This will depend on the type of parmesan you use.)
3. Flour the counter slightly and roll out the puff pastry
4. Empty the bowl of seasonings onto the pastry and with a knife or pastry brush, evenly brush it around the top of the pastry, trying to get to the very edges if possible.
5. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut Â½ in strips lengthwise in the pastry
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and carefully place each strip of seasoned pastry onto the sheet, leaving room for each strip to expand.
7. Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes OR until the sticks are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 35 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 80mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 1g
Looking for great recipes to pair with these breadsticks?
Here are some great recipes that would go so well with these parmesan garlic breadsticks. You can’t go wrong with any pasta dish in my opinion but these are all great choices!