These easy homemade cinnamon rolls are delicious, perfect for a sweet treat, and a crowd pleaser for the holidays! You can make these from scratch cinnamon rolls for your next party or gathering, everyone will be begging for the recipe.
This is a great recipe to make whenever you need a homemade treat to share! It’s simple but super indulgent and delicious for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
Try out these homemade cinnamon rolls done the easy way without any stress or too much preparation. It’s a game changer, you’ll never want to buy tubes of pre-made ones again.
Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
The great thing about cinnamon rolls is that they’re universally loved. Kids love them, adults love them, and cinnamon rolls are comfort food that you can have for dessert, breakfast, and more.
We love making these tasty treats for the holidays but they’re great year round. It’s a wonderful and indulgent breakfast idea as well as the perfect dessert option. My homemade cinnamon rolls are made from scratch and before you get freaked out…don’t worry, it’s not that hard.
What you’ll need to make these cinnamon rolls:
This recipe uses flour, sugar, salt, active yeast, eggs, milk, butter, melted butter, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and cream cheese frosting. You can make your own frosting using a recipe like this one for easy homemade cream cheese frosting…or you can just buy it in a can like I do and save yourself some time.
If you would like to make a GF version try these gluten-free cinnamon rolls are the perfect choice.
Kitchen essentials for tasty treats:
When you head into the kitchen to make some of these great recipes you’ll want to have the best tools on hand.
I like half sheet baking pans that are quality (hello no noisy pops or sloshed cookie dough from twisting), I line my cookie sheets with silicone baking mats. These are great for all kinds of baking and not just cookies! My husband loves them for making biscuits, pizzas, and more!
Of course mixing bowls, a mixer, spatula, and some whisks should be on your list if you don’t have ones that you love. I also like to have a set of cooling racks so that my recipes can properly cool before they’re scarfed down by my family!
How many cinnamon rolls does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 9 cinnamon rolls. You can double the recipe if you want to make more or you can freeze the leftover ones if you are worried you will have too many!
It’s a very adaptable recipe so you can bump it up or even down in order to make more or less!
How to make homemade cinnamon rolls:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Add your flour, sugar, salt, and yeast into a mixer with a dough attachment (works best).
Mix until well combined.
In a small saucepan, add your milk and butter and heat up until scalding hot.
Add hot milk and butter to flour mixture.
Mix slowly until well combined and then add in your egg.
Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
Remove from mixer and knead your dough with floury hands for a few minutes. DO NOT over knead.
Roll dough out with a rolling pin into a long rectangular shape.
Coat entire top of dough with melted butter. I used a pastry brush, as shown.
Cover entire top of dough with a layer of brown sugar, followed by a layer of allspice, and then a layer of cinnamon.
Flatten out once more, gently, with rolling pin.
Roll dough up tightly as shown, and slice into 1 and 1/2 inch slices.
Place cinnamon rolls into a greased baking dish.
Let them expand briefly before placing into oven. Make sure they are in a warm dry area when expanding.
Place into oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes then cover with cinnamon roll icing or your favorite toppings.
Serve and enjoy!
Are these better than the canned version?
I think so! I know the canned ones are really easy but there’s just something more delicious about these homemade cinnamon rolls.
There’s more depth of flavor and the experience of making this homemade version is rewarding. If you have kids you definitely want to get them into the kitchen to help with these!
Easy homemade cinnamon rolls are fun, tasty, and the end result looks as good as they taste!
Do you have other dessert recipes for me to try?
You can see all the great dessert recipes I have here at Cook Clean Then Repeat but don’t worry, I’m also going to link to some of my favorites below. There’s never a bad time for dessert, life is short, we all deserve a treat!
- Orange Julius Cupcakes
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- The Easiest Stuffed Strawberries Recipe!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Cotton Candy Frappuccino | Starbucks Copycat
- Easy Apple Fritters Recipe
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
Printable Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe:
- 3 cups of Flour
- 1/4 of a cup of Sugar
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Salt
- 3/4 a teaspoon of Active Yeast
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1/4 cup of Butter
- Melted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add your flour, sugar, salt, and yeast into a mixer with a dough attachment (works best).
- Mix until well combined.
- In a small saucepan, add your milk and butter and heat up until scalding hot.
- Add hot milk and butter to flour mixture.
- Mix slowly until well combined and then add in your egg.
- Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Remove from mixer and knead your dough with floury hands for a few minutes. DO NOT over knead.
- Roll dough out with a rolling pin into a long rectangular shape.
- Coat entire top of dough with melted butter. I used a pastry brush, as shown.
- Cover entire top of dough with a layer of brown sugar, followed by a layer of allspice, and then a layer of cinnamon.
- Flatten out once more, gently, with rolling pin.
- Roll dough up tightly as shown, and slice into 1 and 1/2 inch slices.
- Place cinnamon rolls into a greased baking dish.
- Let them expand briefly before placing into oven. Make sure they are in a warm dry area when expanding.
- Place into oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes and cover with your favorite frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart C55-12PCKSAM 12 Piece Color Knife Set
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls
Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer
KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Empire Red
KitchenAid KP26M9XCER 6 quart Bowl-Lift Professional Stand Mixer, Empire Red
KitchenAid Universal Mixing Bowls, Set Of 3, Aqua sky
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
I am not a medical expert. These calculations are provided as a courtesy.