Cherry cheesecake poke cake is a simple recipe that everyone will love. It’s quick to prepare and perfect for sharing. An easy dessert everyone will love.
Poke cakes are great because they stay super moist and they are filled with flavor. They are also kind of fun to make which is excellent as well.
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
If you have never made a poke cake before, don’t worry, these step by step instructions will help guide you. It’s really nothing super fancy, anyone can master this fun technique.
What is a poke cake?
Poke cake is the name of the technique we’re using here today which is where you use a straw or the handle of a spoon to “poke” holes in the cake once it is finished baking.
The holes are then filled in with a filling which makes the cake really moist and flavorful. It’s a great way to make sure that your cake is uniformly flavorful.
What do I need to make cherry cheesecake poke cake?
This recipe uses a white cake mix, cherry jello, water, cream cheese, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, whipped topping, cherry pie filling, and graham cracker crumbs!
It’s an easy recipe that uses ingredients you can keep on hand relatively easily. When you need a great dessert that you can make quickly this tasty cherry cheesecake poke cake is ready in a flash.
Kitchen essentials for tasty recipes:
When you head into the kitchen to make some of these great recipes you’ll want to have the best tools on hand.
I like half sheet baking pans that are quality (hello no noisy pops or sloshed cookie dough from twisting), I line my cookie sheets with silicone baking mats. These are great for all kinds of baking and not just cookies! My husband loves them for making biscuits, pizzas, and more!
Of course mixing bowls, a mixer, spatula, and some whisks should be on your list if you don’t have ones that you love. I also like to have a set of cooling racks so that my recipes can properly cool before they’re scarfed down by my family!
How to make poke cake with cherry cheesecake:
Prepare the white cake mix according to the box instructions and bake in a 9×13 pan.
Allow the cake to cool completely, then use a skewer or straw to poke holes all over the cake.
Combine the cherry gelatin and boiling water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then pour it over the top of the cake.
Place the cake in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the cheesecake topping. Beat together the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Fold in the whipped topping.
Spread the cheesecake mixture over the top of the cake and return the cake to the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
When ready to serve, spread the cherry pie filling over the top of the cake and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
Looking for other easy cake mix recipes?
If you like making cake mix recipes…who doesn’t?! They are easy and tasty. Cake mix recipes are awesome because they are simple to prepare and all the ingredients are already mixed up for us for the most part.
You don’t have to drag out all the baking ingredients and worry about your dessert flopping if something is not quite right. It also means that you can make multiple desserts if you have a cake mix on hand. Things like cookies, blondies, cakes, and more! Check out some of our favorites below.
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- Thanksgiving Cheesecake Dip
- Candy Corn Cupcakes
- Blueberry Lemon Pudding Cake In A Jar
Printable Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake Recipe:
- 1 box white cake mix, prepared
- 1 3-ounce package cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8-ounce package whipped topping
- 2 21-ounce cans cherry pie filling
- Graham cracker crumbs for topping (optional)
- Prepare the white cake mix according to the box instructions and bake in a 9x13 pan
- Allow the cake to cool completely, then use a skewer or straw to poke holes all over the cake.
- Combine the cherry gelatin and boiling water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then pour it over the top of the cake.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the cheesecake topping. Beat together the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture over the top of the cake and return the cake to the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, spread the cherry pie filling over the top of the cake and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenAid Universal Mixing Bowls, Set Of 3, Aqua sky
DRAGONN Set of 3 Multi-Color Silicone Whisks
Bakeware Set, Krokori Rectangular Baking Pan Ceramic Glaze Baking Dish for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use - Aquamarine, 3 Pack of Rectangular
Pyrex Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set, 8-Piece, Clear
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Rachael Ray Bakeware Nonstick Cookie Pan Set, 3-Piece, Gray with Marine Blue Grips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
I am not a medical expert. These calculations are provided as a courtesy.