A chocolate pudding cake recipe is something that’s super easy to make. Yet will have your guests or party goers loving this simple recipe! Only three ingredients are needed, so it’s a budget-friendly treat too!
This post contains links for items to purchase. I make a commission on any sales.
Is this a no bake dessert recipe?
It is! Chocolate pudding cake requires no baking. How awesome is that?! This pudding cake recipe comes together in just a few minutes and it’s perfect for those times when you need a dessert that is quick and easy.
I love making this recipe for family dinners or even picnics and BBQ’s because it’s easy but it’s also indulgent and very satisfying. Who doesn’t love pudding, right?!
No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Cake
One of the best things about any no bake recipe is that you can have them ready in very short amount of time.
I love a delicious cake or cheesecake as much as the next person but it can be overwhelming to have to spend an hour or more in the kitchen for a dessert recipe.
This is a quick and easy dessert recipe that you can whip up on a whim without very little work involved.
I usually ave most of the ingredients on hand (hello, I keep extra frozen whipped topping on hand for moments just like this) so I can make this delicious and indulgent dessert when the mood strikes me.
What do I need to make a chocolate pudding cake?
- 3 Small Packages Instant Pudding | 4 Serving Size Boxes | Prepare as directed (6 cups)
- 8 oz Cool Whip Thawed
- 1 Box Graham Crackers | Pro tip: if you are a chocolate lover you can totally use the chocolate graham crackers for this!
- Desired Syrup toppings | Caramel is good, chocolate is a classic, but try something like salted caramel or even a mocha syrup to give this no bake pudding cake even more flair!
How do I make this no bake cake?
Lay out graham crackers in a 9 x 13 pan.
You may have to break some of the graham crackers up to make sure you fit in as many as you can to make a bottom crust.
Cover graham crackers with half of the pudding. Smooth it out so it is good and even.
Layer more graham crackers over the pudding layer.
Cover graham cracker layer with the remaining pudding.
Top with cool whip.
Refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
Serve and enjoy.
How do I serve this pudding cake?
It is really going to depend on how the cake comes out. There are sometimes when I make this that it is just like cutting a cake. Other times when I make it I need to use a spoon to serve.
It’ll depend how well your pudding sets up and also how long you give it to rest in the refrigerator.
One tip I can give is that a good metal spatula makes the cutting and serving aspects a lot easier!
What should I use to top my quick and easy pudding cake?
There are so many great ways to top this delicious cake recipe. Caramel or chocolate drizzle are two of the easiest and most obvious answers here but I think it would delicious to branch out and add some cherries, strawberries, or other fruit on top of each piece as well.
I haven’t tried this yet but I think it would be pretty easy to layer the fruit in before the cool whip topping as well.
I’ll have to give it a try and update you on how that works out, I think it’ll be delicious with some fresh strawberries this summer!
Have you ever had a chocolate pudding cake? What other pudding flavors would you like to use?
I think my next one needs to be made with banana pudding and sliced bananas. Would make for such a delicious banana pudding cake with no actual baking involved! Hooray for easy dessert recipes!
Printable No Bake Pudding Cake Recipe:
- * 3 Small Packages Instant Pudding | 4 Serving Size Boxes | Prepare as directed (6 cups)
- * 8 oz Cool Whip Thawed
- * 1 Box Graham Crackers | Pro tip: if you are a chocolate lover you can totally use the chocolate graham crackers for this!
- * Desired Syrup toppings | Caramel is good, chocolate is a classic, but try something like salted caramel or even a mocha syrup to give this no bake pudding cake even more flair!
- Lay out graham crackers in a 9 x 13 pan.
- You may have to break some of the graham crackers up to make sure you fit in as many as you can to make a bottom crust.
- Cover graham crackers with half of the pudding. Smooth it out so it is good and even.
- Layer more graham crackers over the pudding layer.
- Cover graham cracker layer with the remaining pudding.
- Top with cool whip.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bakeware Set, Krokori Rectangular Baking Pan Ceramic Glaze Baking Dish for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use - Aquamarine, 3 Pack of Rectangular
AmazonBasics Reusable, Silicone, Non-Stick Baking Cups Liners - Pack of 24
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
Where can I find other easy and delicious dessert recipes?
Right here of course! Here are some of my other favorites: