Have you ever had apple fritters? They’re such a delicious fruit dessert. The combination of crunchy, sweet, and fruity deliciousness is classically summer in my mind. This easy apple fritters recipe will surely have them on your list of favorites as well.
What is an apple fritter?
Apple fritters are a kind of cakey doughnut dessert. They’re typically batter that is dropped into oil for frying so they get kind of crunchy on the outside and stay soft and cakey in the middle!
Are these fried apple fritters?
No! My apple fritter recipe is not fried! Don’t fret That doesn’t mean they’re tasteless and dull. These apple fritters are still delicious and packed with flavor, they’re just a little less loaded with calories and fat, that’s all.
How do I cook this easy apple fritter recipe?
We’re going to be making apple fritters that are similar to pancakes or even waffles. The batter is dropped into a greased pan or skillet and cooked until they are golden brown.
What does this dessert taste like?
Apple fritters are kind of a mix between a doughnut and a pancake or a waffle. I haven’t tried it yet but I think these would be so delicious in a waffle maker. That might have to be my next test with this particular recipe if you try them in a waffle maker be sure to let me know how it goes!
Can I pair these apple fritters with some ice cream?
Not only CAN you, I would go so far as to recommend it 😉 These are so fresh and delicious. The apple just gives them a little pop of crispness and some vanilla ice cream on top would be totally delicious. A drizzle of chocolate syrup probably wouldn’t ruin them either…if you are a chocolate fan like me.
What do I need to make this easy apple fritters recipe?
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tsp Sugar
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Liquid Egg Substitute
- 1/4 Cup Skim Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Apples, Cored, Peeled, Grated
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
How to make delicious and easy apple fritters:
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well until combined and then whisk in egg substitute, milk, and vanilla extract. Next stir in the grated apples.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter. Spoon apple mixture into the pan, you’ll want to make 8 even sized apple fritters. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Should take about 2-3 minutes per side depending on the heat.
- Use about 1/2 Tablespoon per batch to make 8 fritters.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top before serving! There are delicious warm, right from the pan!
Printable Apple Fritters Recipe:
What other kinds of desserts can I make at home?
Here are some other desserts to try!