These herb and honey grilled chicken tenders are perfect for dinner on a busy weeknight. They’re also easy enough to make for a family barbecue. Light up the grill and let me show you another Family Favorite Chicken Recipe the whole family is going to love.
This recipe is as easy as my Chicken Fajitas Recipe, only for this recipe, I use a delicious herb and honey marinade.
Whether you opt to serve these as an appetizer or meal, everyone will enjoy the scrumptious flavor of Dijon mustard and seasonings on these juicy Herb and Honey Grilled Chicken Tenders.
Each plate of tenders will be cooked to perfection providing you with a juicy, tender bite of chicken tenders every time.
Whether you opt to serve these as an appetizer or meal, everyone will enjoy the scrumptious flavor of Dijon mustard and seasonings on these juicy chicken tenders.
What should I have on hand to make this recipe?
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
- small bowl
- wire whisk
- lemon juicer
- plastic container or bowl with cover to marinate the chicken for a few hours.
- digital meat thermometer
What you need to make this recipe
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make Herb and Honey Grilled Chicken Tenders:
- Chicken tenders – this marinade works great on any cut of chicken. So if you prefer boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, use them!
- Dijon Mustard – course ground works best
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Herbs de Provence
- Dried Rosemary
- Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste – I like to use sea salt in my cooking.
How to make this easy grilled chicken recipe:
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, lemon juice, honey, diced shallot, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Reserve half of the mixture to use after the meat is grilled.
In a large bowl combine marinade with chicken and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
You want to make sure the bowl you use has a lid so you can keep the chicken and marinade covered while it’s in the refrigerator.
How to grill the chicken:
Preheat your grill to a medium high heat.
Place chicken on grill and cook until chicken is completely cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway. (Or when meat reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees F).
How do you know when chicken is cooked?
You’ll know chicken is fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
I always use a digital meat thermometer when cooking with chicken. Especially when you’re cooking with chicken tenders that vary in size. This means smaller pieces of chicken will cook faster than the larger pieces, therefore, use the thermometer!
Do you let chicken rest after grilling?
Remove the chicken from the grill and place on a clean platter. Cover with aluminum foil and allow the chicken to sit or “rest” for 5 to 10 minutes. This will prevent the juices from running out if you slice too soon.
Drizzle with remaining marinate right before serving.
What to serve with this recipe:
- Bow Tie Pasta – this is my version of a very classic recipe.
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad – comes together quickly and easily and make a great side dish for dinner, lunch on the go, or a party or even dish!
- Thai Cucumber Salad – packed with flavors and textures. It is a perfectly fresh summer salad recipe to add to grilled chicken.
Be sure to try this Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets recipe for another easy meal idea.
Herb and Honey Grilled Chicken Tenders
These herb and honey grilled chicken tenders are perfect for dinner on a busy weeknight or to serve for a family barbecue.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard (course ground is best)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, lemon juice, honey, diced shallot,olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Reserve half of the mixture for after the meat is grilled.
- In a large bowl or plastic bag, combine marinade with chicken and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to a medium high heat.
- Place chicken on grill and cook until chicken is completely cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway. (Or when meat reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees F).
- Remove the chicken and place on a clean platter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining marinate right before serving.
Chicken is fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. It’s very important you use an instant read thermometer because the size of the chicken tenders vary.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 493mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 36g
I am not a medical expert. These calculations are provided as a courtesy.