This easy whipped Jello salad is also a nice mousse dessert. When it comes to no bake recipes you cannot beat a quick Jello mousse! Make sure to try out all of these quick and easy no bake desserts!
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
Here’s the thing…I love desserts but I hate complicated ones that require me to spend hours in the kitchen!
Here’s what you will need to make easy whipped Jello mousse:
We will be using sugar free orange Jello, whipping cream or Cool Whip, powdered sugar, canned mandarin oranges in juice, water, and ice!
That’s it! This recipe is really easy and it’s made with simple ingredients that you can keep on hand pretty easy.
I love to keep the ingredients needed for this dessert on hand so I can whip up a batch whenever we’re in the mood for a sweet treat.
Whipped Jello mousse is a simple dessert that packs a fruity punch as well. It’s nice to have a little bit of fruit flavor to cut the sweetness!
How to make whipped Jello salad:
First we need to take the reserved mandarine juice in a measuring cup. Add the water and fill until there is 2 cups total.
Heat the water and juice combo until its boiling and then remove from the heat and strain in the Jello powder.
Once the Jello is dissolved dump the mixture into small mixing bowl. Add the ice to the 1 cup mark on the 2 cup measuring cup and then fill the rest of the way with water.
Add the ice water mixture to the Jello and stir until all the ice is melted.
Put that entire mixture until the refrigerator and let it firm up. Make sure it’s firm enough that it won’t pour out of the bowl but that’s enough.
While the Jello is setting up partially, mix together the whipping cream and the powdered sugar with a whisk or in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. If you are using cool whip you can skip this step!
Use a mixer to start mixing up the Jello until it’s very loose and no longer holding shape. Add in half the whipped cream and most the oranges, keep out a few for garnish.
Beat everything just long enough to combine and then dish out into 8 cups for serving. Add a generous scoop of whipped cream and top with an orange before serving!
- 1 large box of sugar free orange jello
- 8 oz tub of cool whip
- 8 oz mandarin oranges, drained, juice reserved
- Pour reserved juice in a large measuring cup then add enough water to make 2 cups total
- Bring the mixture to a boil then remove from heat and stir in the jello until dissolved
- Pour into a bowl
- Add ice to the 1 cup line of a large measuring cup then add enough water to make 2 cups total
- Pour into the jello mixture and stir until the ice is melted
- Chill in the refrigerator until set and will not pour out of the bowl
- Use a hand mixer to break up the jello then add in half of the cool whip and the mandarins - set a few aside for garnish
- Beat the mixture until just combined then spoon into serving dishes
- Top with remaining cool whip and a orange piece. Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
I am not a medical expert. These calculations are provided as a courtesy.
Can I make this Jello salad with other flavors?
You could definitely use other sugar free Jello flavors to make any type of mousse you wanted!
If you want to try and mix things up you could also use pineapples and other canned fruit to make the recipes match in terms of flavor. I think any citrus flavor would go great with the mandarines!