If you love classic baked mac and cheese or Ruby Tuesday Macaroni and Cheese you have to try this recipe. This is just like the baked mac and cheese they make at Ruby Tuesday only you can make it at home! You can be cooking your favorite restaurant recipes at home with these Ruby Tuesday Copycat Recipes.
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
I love eating out but sometimes it’s just not in the budget. When we don’t have time to head out to Ruby Tuesday I use some of these copycat recipes to tide me over and satiate the cravings! So far I’ve shared the ranch dressing as well as the Ruby Tuesday pasta salad…hello salad bar favorites, right?!
Now we’re going to dive into this delicious Ruby Tuesday macaroni and cheese. If you are just looking for a delicious baked mac and cheese recipe this is a great one! You don’t have to be obsessed with Ruby Tuesday to enjoy these tasty treats 🙂
What you’ll need to make Ruby Tuesday Macaroni and Cheese:
This recipe has quite a few ingredients but don’t let that scare you off, we are making a from scratch mac and cheese recipe after all! There’s nothing too crazy on the list, so rest assured you can get all of this on your regular shopping trip.
- Half and half
- Ground white pepper
- Emeril’s Red-Hot Sauce or Frank’s Red Hot
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, or other good-quality parmesan cheese
- Elbow macaroni
- Minced garlic
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Grated fontina cheese
- Grated gruyere cheese
- Fresh breadcrumbs
- Essence or Creole Seasoning
Is this a spicy macaroni and cheese recipe?
No, this is macaroni and cheese from Ruby Tuesday is not a spicy recipe. You can enjoy this with family or friends, no one will be complaining that it’s too spicy! The hot or spicy type ingredients on the list are small amounts and they just help balance out the flavor.
Can I make this a gluten free mac and cheese recipe?
You can definitely swap out the macaroni for your favorite brand of gluten free pasta. It will likely change the texture of the macaroni and cheese a bit but the flavors should still be spot on!
Keep an eye on your seasonings and spices to make sure they don’t have hidden gluten. The bread crumbs will also have to be swapped out for their gluten free alternative.
How to make Ruby Tuesday mac and cheese:
Here are the step by step instructions for how to make this delicious Ruby Tuesday macaroni and cheese. It’s really easy to put it all together and it makes great leftovers…if it’s not devoured by your family in one sitting!
Printable Ruby Tuesday Copy Cat Mac & Cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus 2 tablespoons, plus 1 tablespoon
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Emeril's Red-Hot Sauce
- 8 1/2 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, or other good-quality parmesan cheese
- 1-pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces grated fontina cheese
- 4 ounces grated gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Essence or Creole Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan melt 4 tablespoons of butter over low heat. Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and whisk in the half and half little by little. Cook until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, season with the salt, pepper, hot sauce and 4 ounces of the grated parmesan. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Cover and set aside. This is your white sauce.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add salt to taste and, while stirring, add the macaroni. Return to a boil, reduce the heat to a low boil and cook for about 5 minutes, or until macaroni is very al dente (slightly undercooked). Drain macaroni in a colander and return to the pot. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and the garlic and stir to combine.
- Add the white sauce and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 4 ounces of the remaining parmesan cheese, cheddar, fontina, and gruyere cheeses. Toss to combine.
- Using the remaining tablespoon of butter, grease a 3-quart baking or casserole dish. Place one-third of the macaroni in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with one-third of the mixed cheeses. Top with another third of the macaroni and another third of the cheese mixture. Repeat with the remaining macaroni and cheese mixture.
In a small bowl combine the breadcrumbs, remaining 1/2 ounce of grated parmesan, and the Essence or Creole Seasoning and toss to combine. Sprinkle this over the top of the macaroni and cheese.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the macaroni and cheese is bubbly and hot and the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 842mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g
I am not a medical expert. These calculations are provided as a courtesy.