These quick and easy apple fritter waffles are the perfect breakfast food for any time of the year. They are packed with nutritious ingredients helping you get a great start to the day.
Try out this delicious breakfast, brunch, or snack recipe today!
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
Here is what you’ll need to make these easy apple fritter waffles:
Of course, this is an easy recipe. We’re not about anything too fancy over here so don’t worry about having to get too involved or having to hunt down difficult ingredients!
This recipe uses pancake batter, flax, apples, butter, and brown sugar. That’s it! When fall rolls around I love to try and make these apple fritter waffles with all the local varieties of apples available at our local farmers markets!
Can I use any type of apples?
Yes, definitely. Use whatever kind of apples you have on hand or whatever is fresh and looks best at the farmers market! This apple fritter recipe is quick and easy, it’s adaptable and simple.
You’ll be using both sliced and grated apples so feel free to use different kinds of apples for each type!
How to make apple fritter waffles:
Prepare the pancake batter. You can use a box mix or your favorite recipe.
Add in flax as you are mixing the batter, when you are preparing pancake batter to stir in the grated apples. This helped the batter set up nicely in the waffle maker.
Prepare the apples by slicing them and placing them in a heavy sauce pan. Cook on medium with butter and sugar until they are soft. This will take about 10 minutes.
To prepare the waffles scoop a scoop of batter into the waffle maker and cook until the waffle maker stops steaming.
You can top them with more fruit, whipped topping, pancake syrup, or whatever you like!
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes?
Breakfast is the perfect meal, it sets the tone for the day and can be enjoyed just about any time of day! Here are some other delicious breakfast recipes that we love to make!
Oat Milk Pancakes are a simple and flavorful way to start the day. Another option is this mango pineapple smoothie bowl recipe. Or if you like to drink your smoothies or need breakfast on the go, try this pineapple smoothie…super easy!
- 2 cups of pancake batter
- 2 tablespoons of flax (if desired)
- 3 apples sliced
- 2 apples grated (skin on)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Prepare the pancake batter. You can use a box mix or your favorite recipe. Add in flax as you are mixing the batter.
- When the pancake batter is mixed stir in the grated apples. This will help the batter set up nicely in the waffle maker.
- Prepare the apple topping by slicing them and placing them in a heavy sauce pan. Cook on medium with butter and sugar until they are soft. This will take about 10 minutes.
- To prepare the waffles scoop a scoop of batter into the waffle maker and cook until the waffle maker stops steaming.
- Garnish with apples and serve! You can top them with fruit, whipped topping, syrup, or whatever you like!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 549mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 7gSugar: 29gProtein: 9g
I am not a medical expert. These calculations are provided as a courtesy.