Instant Pot sausages recipe with vegetables is so easy and quick. This is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe! These Italian style sausages and veggies are satisfying, delicious, and family friendly. You can even prep these in advance for lunches throughout the week.
Instant Pot Sausages | Italian Sausages in the Instant Pot
This is one of my favorite dinner recipes. Making anything in the Instant Pot is pretty simple and quick but this is just one of those recipes that we keep coming back to because it’s just so delicious and easy.
These are Italian style sausages and veggies in the Instant Pot and everything comes out beautifully. You can put these sausages and vegetables on Italian rolls or eat them as is, the sauce is delicious as well!
What you’ll need to make these Italian Sausages in the Instant Pot:
- 6 Italian-style sausages
- 10 mini bell peppers, deseeded
- 15 fresh green beans
- 2 small yellow onions, quartered
- 1 cup broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Greek seasoning, to taste
Can I use spicy Italian sausages?
Yes! You can use the mild or spicy Italian style sausages. I usually use fresh ones. I’m sure you could do the same with frozen ones without having to change the recipe!
It depends who is coming over what kind of sausages we use 🙂 If we have people eating that aren’t a fan of spicy foods we just use the regular mild sausage and when I know that everyone will enjoy a little extra kick we use the spicy ones.
Either way the end result is pretty much the same…delicious!
Can I use Italian seasoning instead of Greek seasoning?
Sure! Either one is going to be great, it just depends on the flavor you are going for. I would definitely recommend you use Italian seasoning before you skip this recipe or run out to try and find that one single ingredient! This is a flexible recipe that will come out great either way.
You can even get creative and add the seasonings of your choice if you are good like that…I’m usually better with a set of instructions but if you can dump and mix with the best of them, go for it!
How to make Instant Pot Sausages and Veggies:
- Place all vegetables in the Instant Pot, then add the sausages overtop.
- Whisk the tomato paste and garlic into the broth and then pour over the sausages and veggies.
- Season to taste and then secure the Instant Pot lid before setting your cooking time.
- Set to Meat/Stew for 10 minutes and allow to cook. Make sure you have the valve set to sealing!
- Natural release is best for this recipe, when pressure has released naturally you can take the lid off and enjoy!
Can I skip the natural pressure release?
No. Natural pressure release is also still cooking time. When you are working with meat in the Instant Pot it’s best to let it have that time to not only finish cooking but to finish cooking slowly so it does not get dried out and yucky!
The slow release of pressure is best for cooking time and for the overall end result. That being said, if you get really impatient the last few minutes of the pressure release aren’t going to hurt anything so you can hurry the process along a tiny bit if you must.
If you are worried about the sausages not being fully cooked just make sure to check their internal temperature before eating!
Printable Instant Pot Italian Sausages Recipe:
- * 6 Italian-style sausages
- * 10 mini bell peppers, deseeded
- * 15 fresh green beans
- * 2 small yellow onions, quartered
- * 1 cup broth
- * 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- * 1 Tablespoon garlic, to taste
- * 1 Tablespoon Greek seasoning, to taste
1. Place all vegetables in the Instant Pot, then add the sausages overtop.
2. Whisk the tomato paste and garlic into the broth and then pour over the sausages and veggies.
3. Season to taste and then secure the Instant Pot lid before setting your cooking time.
4. Set to Meat/Stew for 10 minutes and allow to cook. Make sure you have the valve set to sealing!
5. Natural release is best for this recipe, when pressure has released naturally you can take the lid off and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 1400mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 8gSugar: 13gProtein: 15g
Do you have other delicious dinner recipes I can try?
You know it! Here are some of my favorites right now. Dinner is one of those meals that no matter what else is going on, I know I’m going to have to cook. So I try and plan a little in advance. If that is your goal as well, these recipes will be great for you!
- Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks
- Quick & Tasty Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Easy Turkey Tacos With Fresh Toppings and Homemade Seasoning
- How To Make Chicken Fajitas The Easy Way!
- Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers!