This delicious 4th of July pie is easy to make and great for a hot summer day. Coconut ice cream pie that’s perfectly festive and fun for people of all ages.
Give this fun ice cream pie a try today. It’s a no churn ice cream recipe that you can whip up without any special equipment and freeze overnight for the perfect holiday treat.
Ice cream pies are great for the summer. They’re easy to make and super tasty. Try out Key Lime Ice Cream Pie and Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie for more variety when prepping your ice cream pies this year.
This post contains links to products I like and think will be useful to you. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission.
Do I have to prep this ice cream pie in advance?
Yes. You will definitely need to make this one a bit in advance. This 4th of July pie will need at least overnight to set and harden in the freezer. If you can give it 24 hours even better.
On the other hand if you like to prep things in advance you can prep this one even further out and then it will be ready when you are!
I don’t like coconut, will I like this pie?
You can leave out the coconut flavoring or use a different one if you like. There’s not an overwhelming amount of coconut in this recipe so it won’t be so strong that you are a overpowered by it.
Feel free to swap in another flavoring for the coconut if you’d like to give it a little bit of a different twist and make it your own. Be sure to stop back and let us know what you tried and how it turned out so others can give it a go as well.
What do I need to make this 4th of July pie?
This recipe uses heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, dark blue food coloring, coconut flavoring, graham cracker pie crusts, and some sprinkles for the topping!
That’s all it takes, no fancy equipment needed either which is great. Kids can definitely help make this one and most will be able to do most of it on their own. If you have kids who like to be in the kitchen this is a fun summer recipe for them to assist with for sure!
Kitchen essentials for tasty no bake recipes:
When you head into the kitchen to make some of these great recipes you’ll want to have the best tools on hand.
Of course mixing bowls, a mixer, spatula, and some whisks should be on your list if you don’t have ones that you love. I also like to have a set of cooling racks so that my recipes can properly cool before they’re scarfed down by my family!
I like these casserole dishes from Pyrex which are great for no bake recipes and for all your favorite dinners, brownies, cakes, and more.
How to make a 4th of July pie:
Place heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. This can also be done with a hand blender with whisk attachment but will take much longer. Blend for 4 minutes on low speed and adjust speed going up to 6 as it thickens. Once it resembles whipped topping then it’s ready.
Fold in the can of sweetened condensed milk. Fold in coconut flavoring. Separate about 1 cup of the mixture and dye it blue with the food gel. Pour the white mixture into the pie crust. Swirl in the blue mixture.
Top with sprinkles in red and blue. Wash the lid of the pie crust and flip and place on the pie. Press down the metal edging. Freeze pie overnight.
Looking for more delicious ice cream recipes to try?
Here are some other no churn ice cream recipes that you will definitely want to try out for yourself. They’re delicious and super simple to make. Perfect for the summer and all year round!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie
- Key Lime Ice Cream Pie
- Marshmallow Peeps Ice Cream
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream
- How To Make Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Delicious Homemade Apple Ice Cream
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream
Printable 4th of July Pie Recipe:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 drop dark blue food gel
- 1 tablespoon coconut flavoring
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (regular not deep dish though deep dish will work as well)
- Sprinkles for topping
- Place heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. This can also be done with a hand blender with whisk attachment but will take much longer. Blend for 4 minutes on low speed and adjust speed going up to 6 as it thickens. Once it resembles whipped topping then it's ready.
- Fold in the can of sweetened condensed milk. Fold in coconut flavoring.
- Separate about 1 cup of the mixture and dye it blue with the food gel. Pour the white mixture into the pie crust. Swirl in the blue mixture.
- Top with sprinkles in red and blue. Wash the lid of the pie crust and flip and place on the pie. Press down the metal edging. Freeze pie overnight.
- Once frozen overnight cut with a warm knife and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
DRAGONN Set of 3 Multi-Color Silicone Whisks
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls
Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer
KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Empire Red
KitchenAid KP26M9XCER 6 quart Bowl-Lift Professional Stand Mixer, Empire Red
KitchenAid Universal Mixing Bowls, Set Of 3, Aqua sky
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 8g
I am not a medical expert. These calculations are provided as a courtesy.